Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Family Rules, adapted


I love finding inspiration on the internet.  There is so much of it, everywhere!  So today I thought I would show you one thing I was inspired by recently.  I found this awesome canvas that displayed "Family Rules" on this website HERE . . .  which then led me to the original post HERE.  I decided to give it a try.  As I was looking through my paper to find which paper I wanted to use, I found a cute girly stash of Penny Lane from My Minds Eye and decided to do a girl version of the rules list instead.  Stuff I would want my daughters to aim for in life.  Here is what I came up with:
Be Authentic
Be Patient
Be Confident
Be Creative
Be Prompt
Be Inspired
Be Your Best
Be Supportive
Be Faithful
Be Generous
Be Brave
Be in the Moment
JUST BE YOU

I used a bunch of fun paper that I cut into strips, random ribbon that matched, flowers, an assortment of buttons, and for the lettering I used both an embossing pen and ink pad, embossing powder in 3 different colors for both the stamp and words, and some stickers.  I personally like to play with paint so I also painted the edges of the canvas, which you can skip if you don't like that look.  Remember, if you want to use embossing powder, you will also need a heating tool.  Altogether it was a fun and easy project to do.



This would make a great gift, or just a fun project to do for yourself.  Give it a try!  When you are finished, put the link to your pictures in the comments section so we can see what you came up with.  Have fun!

No comments: