Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Little Heat Transfer Magic

I love this project from http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/.   If you do not sew, use a ready made envelope pillow or find a friend that can whip up a quick pillow for you.  If you do the Heat Transfer, I bet they will do the sewing!
•I figured out the size of pillow that I wanted to make. Then I split the pillow up into a green part which is smaller and a red part which is larger. It ended up being 5 inches in height for the green and 8 inches in height for the red. Then I sewed the two pieces together.

•I decided to make an envelope back so I added 6 inches to the width of the back and cut the back in two -- so the back overlaps by three inches. I sewed the pillow together.

•I used my Silhouette and Heat Transfer Vinyl for the letters. I love that stuff!

•I layed it all out on my computer and then cut it on my Silhouette.

 Then I ironed on the lettering.
•The last thing I did was make a flower for a little extra embellishment. I attached the flower to the pillow and voila I was done!!

No comments: